Friday, June 20, 2008

summer times




I am so excited that summer if finally here... and I love it here in Colorado where the heat is good. While we were in Missouri we learned to manage the high heat with the high humidity... not so fun!

This week I took the girls to the Denver Zoo with a friend of mine from our church and her kids. They had a great time. My friend has a daughter who is Brooklynn's age and a son who is a little younger than Kendall so they all played well together. It was great to get out with another mom. I have been praying for a long time that the Lord would bring me a good friend... one with whom I can bond with, be honest with, grow in the Lord with and grow as a wife, mom and a woman with. I am so excited for this friendship and pray that it will continue to grow more and more!!


Brooklynn is starting t-ball tonight!! I just can't believe that she is old enough to be playing team sports already. Where does the time go? We are so excited for tonight. It will be so fun, and probably quite funny, to see four year olds learning the game! I think she is a little nervous as she if very shy and this is going to put her out of her comfort zone, but we have been practicing at home for the last couple weeks and I know she is enjoying the game. It will be interesting to see how she does!

Next week we are traveling to Ohio for a family reunion. I am very nervous for the travel days as I will have three kids, three car seats, three suitcases, a stroller, carry-on bags and I am sure much more to deal with pretty much on my own. Jay will be there, but he will be in his wheel chair. Once we are there in Ohio I think it will be ok since we will have others there who are able to help a little, but those travel days are going to be very hard. I am praying for sanity on those days!!

No comments: