Monday, July 21, 2008

walmart

Today was Jay's first day back at work. It is a little adjustment since he has been at home for the last two months now. I think his day is going okay so far! My day has been a little different. I was a little ready for him to go back to work simply because when he is at home I get out of my routine and don't keep up with things around the house. I am anxious to get back in routine and feel like I am on top of things again.
This morning I took the kids to Walmart to do our grocery shopping. I usually take all three of them with me, but the last couple months I had Jay at home at all times and could leave them here, so it was like a new experience again. So here's how it went... Brooklynn and Kendall were very whiny, about half way though they both had to go to the bathroom. This is a very difficult task as I have to hold Morgann, help them on the potty and put my hand over the automatic flush sensor since they are both scared of it. All while trying to make sure that none of them are touching anything as I think public bathrooms are completely disgusting! So after that ordeal we go back to shopping. I was pushing the cart and somehow Kendall's foot gets under the wheel. It scratched all her toes and pulled part of a nail off. That's when the screaming began. She cried and cried. After a little bit I decided that I needed to get going as fast as I could as I could sense more meltdowns were coming my way. So I carried her the rest of the time in the store while pushing the cart. This is difficult to push with one hand when the cart is full and there is a one year old in the front who decided she is done. Morgann kept standing up in the seat in the front. I would have to stop to push her back down (with my one available hand) and then go again only to have her standing up again within a couple seconds. Oh the joys! Needless to say, we made it home alive and well. I miss my husband!! I may need to figure out a new plan for shopping from now on!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

oh my gosh, now that's just no fun! I think you are such a rockstar for being able to handle all that. I am finding it hard to just handle Jordan! Although he is going through terrible two's and is 110% boy. He is crazy!

Little S said...

Hey Janet! Wow! I am not looking forward to shopping trips when Kellen is older. I don't know how you handle three kids!

I posted Shanna's email address as a comment on my blog. She said that you can email her to get the user name and password for the blog. After you have contacted her I will delete the comment. She is excited to hear from you!