Friday, August 8, 2008

teaching my children to speak nice words...

Today I heard Kendall saying "freakin" a lot. I don't know exactly where she got it from. So I had both her and Brooklynn come to me and I told them that we may hear some words from people around us, but there are some things that we don't say and explained to them that freakin was one of those words and that I did not want to hear it from them again.

Kendall says to me, " Satan says bad words like that, not Jesus and we want to be like Jesus so we don't talk like that... and we don't like Satan 'cause he is really bad and so we don't talk to him at all... we only talk to Jesus... he loves us and is good... so we don't talk like that or to Satan.... only to Jesus..."

This went on for about five minutes. She babbled about it for awhile until she was proud of herself and felt that she had gotten her point across about 50 times! Where they get this stuff is beyond me!!