Wednesday, August 6, 2008

zucchini bread

Today I made zucchini bread. I love zucchini bread, but haven't made it since last summer. I decided to try something new today to see if the kids would like it. I added more zucchini than called for, added shredded carrots, used apple sauce instead of oil and put some ground flax seed in as well. It turned out really good and the kids love it. They treat it like it is cake and don't even realize that it has a lot of nutrition as well. Next time I think I am going to try it with whole wheat flour too. I think I am going to make a few loaves and freeze them for the winter months. This is how it turned out. Yummy!!

2 comments:

Little S said...

Yum! You should share your recipe.

Jen said...

Yummy! Have you heard of that cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld? Genius! I add ground flax seed to everything, even Mike can't tell the difference!