Friday, August 1, 2008

VBS

Well, we just finished our week of VBS. Brooklynn went last year, but this was Kendall's first year. They both loved it! We started the week with about 400 kids and finished today with 547! It was crazy!! The girls learned many songs and games thoughout the week. We were able to get a CD of the songs sung this week and it is just so precious to hear them singing their hearts out in the car! One song yells "Hey, Jesus Loves Me!, Hey, Jesus Loves Me!" I look at Brooklynn who sings it as loud as she can and with as much passion that her little four year old voice can hold and it reminds me of the simple truth that Jesus loves me! I think about all the times I talk about Jesus' love with my children and wonder if I am portraying the same passion about it as they do to me. It seems that us as adults seem to focus on the larger issues and it is so important to be reminded of simple truths of God. So, that is what I learned, or was reminded of of today by my four year old! Jesus loves me!

2 comments:

Little S said...

Thanks for sharing! Isn't it neat what we can learn from our kids?

Jen said...

I love that! So sweet!