Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy birthday Kendall!!

I can't believe my little girl is three years old! Her birthday was on Thursday, but we pretended it was on Friday. Does that make us terrible parents?! We were planning a little party on Friday for her and felt that she wasn't really old enough to understand that "your birthday is today, but we are celebrating tomorrow, so you don't get cake, your favorite meal or presents until then..." We just thought it easier to lie! We are terrible!!
(sorry I couldn't figure out how to rotate it!)

She had a great time. My parents and my sister and her husband came over. We stayed home and kept it small, but she loved having all the attention on her. Earlier in the week I had told her that I would make whatever she wanted for dinner that night and she chose mac and cheese. That was it. So we had that and we grilled burgers as I thought mac and cheese may not be enough for the rest of us!

For those of you who know my children... it is impossible to find pants that fit. She got three pairs of jeans and none of them fit! I need to return them all. I hate dressing my kids in the winter!! She did get many other nice presents though.

We had an ice-cream cake at her request. It was really yummy!

1 comment:

Jen said...

She looks exactly like you Janet! And your house is beautiful!