Wednesday, October 15, 2008

adoption

For awhile now, Jay and I have been praying about adoption. We still don't know exactly where or when the Lord is leading, but we are trying to get educated and allow our hearts to be open to whatever He may have for us.

On November 22 we will be attending a meeting in Colorado Springs about adoption and the foster care system. Focus on the Family has a mission to unite the Colorado churches and provide homes to all the children in the foster system that are able to be adopted. What an amazing mission. We are called to take care of the orphans and widows. What an amazing example of Christ's love this would be!! I would hope that it would only be the beginning and that other states would follow. We have so many great families that could change these precious children's lives and offer them a future that they may never otherwise know.

Here is a link to the invitation to the event. I would encourage any of you who live in the area to pray about attending and passing the news along to others who may be interested.

http://www.icareaboutorphans.org/Default.aspx?Menu=8&Article=24

Please be in prayer for us as we are not sure this is what the Lord has for us right now... maybe, maybe not. We want to be open to wherever He leads. Pray that we will hear His voice clearly and know beyond a shadow of a doubt what He wants us to do.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

wow, what an awesome thing goin on here. So many people in the blog world and in my life are feeling like God is trying to show them something, whatever that may be, about adoption. I believe one day I will adopt a child, but who knows what God's plan is for me. All I know is that my heart breaks for the millions and millions of orphans. Good for you for at least being open to hearing God speak on this to you. Love ya!

Jen said...

Wow Janet, that gives me goose bumps! I've always been interested in the world of adoption, we'll see what the Lord brings our way. I just heard on the radio that November is National Adoption Month! Can't wait to hear more of your journey on this!

Little S said...

That's awesome!! What a wonderful opportunity to show the love of Christ!!

By the way, I just tagged you. :) Check out my blog.